New Version: Shell Extensions 2.0 RC1 – Loads of new features!
I’m not going to talk about individual components or fixes, but the app as a whole.
- Prefix Options – Now you can choose NO PREFIX or make a CUSTOM PREFIX for the context menu item text!!!
- Command Prompt Here – Way better than other mods offering this functionality; of course it opens a command prompt in the directory selected – but you can also select a file, and in Vista/7 it also appears in a folder background and on the desktop right-click menu.
- Find Target File – for shortcuts, jumps to file location in Explorer with the file selected (like in the shortcut properties, but without the extra clicks!)
- Install GooG.exe to path – (uses Windows directory) for quick searching from the command line or run dialog box.
- Copy Path to Clipboard – copies path/filename to the clipboard as text.
- Copy To Folder/Move To Folder – enables Windows internal functionality to open a folder selection dialog to copy file(s)/dir(s) to.
- Open In Notepad – for ALL FILES! Now if you have a file that opens by default with another app, but can be edited in notepad, you are only a click away! (Note: this can easily frustrate if you accidentally open large files which would simply display garbage in notepad, such as EXE files.)
- Make Edit Default Action For – option for Registry files, Batch Files, Scripts, and/or all unknown file types (with no program association registered) to open with Notepad (or your default Edit action) – separate from the above option.
- Extensions installed/not installed status indicator.
- App remembers which extensions are installed and automatically populates the check boxes for these.