Default Programs Manager is a small program that provides two options:
- Save your current program default settings
- Restore your saved program default settings
What this means is you can set all of your program defaults the way you want them (e.g. Adobe Reader for PDF files, Google Chrome for web browsing, etc.), save the config, and later (should Microsoft ever reset your program defaults) restore the config.
Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
How to use it:
- Setup Windows program defaults to your personal preferences. You should have already done this.
- Download/Install/Run the program.
- Click ‘Save Current Defaults’ and you’re done. You can repeat this anytime you change your preferred program defaults.
- If your defaults are ever changed by Microsoft or another app, run the program again and click ‘Restore Saved Defaults’.
If you need to script this, then you are fully capable of using the SetUserFTA program without this wrapper (i.e. you don’t need this program.) Download and work with the SetUserFTA program directly.
Who deserves the credit?
Not me! All I did was create a wrapper for someone else’s program, which is a little bit more complicated to use. If you want to thank the person truly responsible you need to head over to The Kolbicz Blog to read more about his program SetUserFTA which makes this all possible, without it Default Programs Manager does nothing. Be sure to say hi to the creator Christoph Kolbicz, and maybe drop him a little Paypal donation for his efforts.
If you would like to donate towards our own software creation efforts, please see below!
Default Programs Manager is free for all personal and commercial usage. See included EULA for more details. Default Programs Manager is bundled with SetUserFTA by Christoph Kolbicz, which has it’s own EULA located in the SetUserFTA subdirectory.
- Software advertised as “free” on this website is intended as free for personal as well as commercial usage, unless otherwise specified on the product page itself (where it would typically involve some extended functionality labeled as a ‘premium’ feature, or possibly where commercial functionality or support is desired.)
- All free software on this website is distributed “as-is” with no warranty or guarantee of any kind; this includes product support as well as any compensation monetary or otherwise for any damages resulting from the use or misuse of this software.
- See the inserted EULA.txt or product Info.txt file within the product download for the full end user license agreement.
We’re glad you wish to make a donation to our team, and even more so that whatever we’ve done for you was worth it!
Thank you for supporting our team, from the entire crew at d7xTech, Inc!
($5 minimum - do not use a $ in the price field!)
Interested in Anti-Malware?
CryptoPrevent Anti-Malware is a robust anti-virus/anti-malware software supplement, filling a huge gap that exists with traditional security solutions to provide protection against a growing multitude of new and emerging ransomware and other malicious software threats.
CryptoPrevent Bulk Installer – .NET Error, Missing Chilkat dll If you’re receiving the following error while running your customized...
New Video: d7xRDT (d7x Remote Deployment Tool) Quick Start If you aren’t already using the d7xRDT in your remote...
d7x Release Notes (in Video) v20.12.x – v21.1.11 Recap If you hate reading, we occasionally produce a video version...
KillEmAll Mini – Intro/Usage Video Introducing the newest KillEmAll Mini and detailing usage…