App EXEs/Scripts you configure here will execute after the function you configure it under.
Accepted file types: EXE, COM, BAT, CMD, VBS, REG
All apps/scripts executed will:
- run with admin privileges (unless running under the system account, then naturally they will execute with system privileges.)
- “wait for termination” meaning the d7 will wait for the app/script to finish before proceeding, except during Startup or Shutdown.
Apps/Scripts defined here are expected to be in your d7 directory, HOWEVER you may use custom variables to launch apps already on the system.
Variables for Custom Functions Config
- %appdata% %localappdata% %programdata%
- %userprofile% %allusersprofile%
- %windir% %systemroot%
- %systemdrive% %homedrive%
- %programfiles% %programfiles(x86)% (always use %programfiles(x86)% for non-64bit apps as it will automatically resolve to just %programfiles% on 32 bit systems.)
- %commonprogramfiles% %commonprogramfiles(x86)% (always use the (x86) variable for non-64bit apps, resolves same as above.)
If you need more than one app/script to run, or you need to differentiate the actions you are performing depending on the OS, please use a batch file. If you need batch file examples I can provide them upon request.
d7 Startup: Must hold CTRL key – Checking this option will require the CTRL key to be held down when starting up to execute this custom script.
d7 Startup: (Offline/WinPE only) – This option will run a script only when d7 detects that it is running in a WinPE environment, and/or if it is started with the -offline command line parameter.
Join us for live tech chat, product questions, support, and technical training right here!
Customer or not, you are welcome to drop in and discuss anything ‘tech’ with us!